Abruzzo Snowshoeing and Winter Walks
Snowshoe in three national parks
The mountainous region of Abruzzo forms a spine between the beautiful cities of Rome and Pescara in central Italy. East from Rome, the hills gradually rise inland to reach towering peaks of almost 3000m that receive a heavy and lasting snowfall during winter. Boasting three National Parks dotted with remote mediaeval mountain-top villages, Abruzzo is the perfect area to walk among snow-capped jagged peaks while experiencing the culture and the exquisite cuisine of central Italy.
- Snowshoe through three National Parks
- Visit untouched mediaeval mountain villages
- Enjoy delicious home-made food
- 7 nights bed & breakfast and hotel
- 6 days of guided snowshoeing
- No previous experience necessary
- Reasonable level of fitness required
- Day 1 – Fly to Rome
- Day 2 – Cross forests and walk along deep canyons to reach the Voltigno High Plateau.
- Day 3 – From Santo Stefano di Sessanio to Campo Imperatore through mediaeval villages.
- Day 4 – From Castel del Monte walk up the ridge of Mt Bolza.
- Day 5 – Follow Mt Sirente’s ridge and enjoy breathtaking views.
- Day 6 – Walk along the Orfento Valley in the heart of the Majella N.P.
- Day 7 – From Passo San Leonardo traverse Mt Majella into the Lama Bianca forest.
- Day 8 – Fly to London