Annapurna Chitwan & Everest
An ideal first trip to Nepal, this itinerary combines superb trekking, wildlife and a huge variety of scenery, flora, fauna and culture. The colourful villages, rich forests and rushing mountain streams of the Annapurna provide an interesting contrast to the higher, starker Everest region, home to the Buddhist culture of the Sherpas and the highest mountain on Earth. Let your breath be taken away by superb views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Machhapuchhare, the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri.
- Trek in the Annapurna
- Explore the Everest region
- Enjoy an elephant back safari
- 9 days walking with full porterage
- Approximately 4 to 5 hours walking per day
- Altitude maximum 3800m, average 2750m
- Day 1 – Depart London
- Day 3 – Free in Kathmandu.
- Day 4 – Drive to Lumle via Pokhara; trek to Birethanti.
- Day 5 – Start the trek; reach Ghandrung.
- Day 6 – Continue to Landrung.
- Day 7 – Trek to a view point known as Australian camp, where we spend the night.
- Day 8 – Descend to Khare and transfer to Pokahra.
- Day 9 – Drive to Chitwan; elephant safaris, walks and river trips.
- Day 10 – Activities in Chitwan.
- Day 12 – Take the short but spectacular mountain flight to Lukla; trek to Phakding.
- Day 13 – Trek to the Sherpa capital Namche Bazaar.
- Day 14 – Explore Namche Bazaar and the villages in the area.
- Day 15 – Trek back to Phakding.
- Day 16 – Return to Lukla.
- Day 17 – Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 18 – Free in Kathmandu
- Day 19 – Fly to London