Canadian Rockies by Train
From the lush green Pacific coast of Vancouver board VIA Rail’s The Canadian for a once in a lifetime overnight train journey. Relax in the dome car and experience panoramic views of snow capped mountains, glacial lakes, rushing rivers and the sheer unspoiled wilderness of Canada. Arrive in Jasper and see the dramatic Maligne Canyon and its picture-perfect lake, where you enjoy breakfast with a view! Travel one of the world’s most spectacular roads, the unforgettable Icefields Parkway. Feel like royalty while overnighting at the fabulous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and Banff Springs Hotel. Discover the natural beauty of Morainne Lake, the powerful Bow Falls and impressive Hoodoos. Experience a day on a Ranch in the Alberta plains, complete with a wagon ride in search of buffalo and a barbeque lunch in the great outdoors. End your journey in cosmopolitan Calgary.
- Journey through the Rockies aboard “The Canadian” by VIA Rail.
- Stand on the amazing 1,000-foot-thick Athabasca Glacier.
- Enjoy the Skywalk to witness firsthand the stunning views of Sunwapta Valley.
- Enjoy a taste of Alberta at a special dinner to showcasing the Province’s specialties.
- Day 1 – Vancouver, British Columbia – Tour Begins
- Day 2 – Vancouver – Victoria – Vancouver
- Day 3 – Jasper
- Day 4 – Jasper – Icefields Parkway – Lake Louise
- Day 5 – Lake Louise – Banff
- Day 6 – Banff
- Day 7 – Banff – Calgary Stampede
- Day 8 – Calgary – Depart for Home