Discover Slovakia & The Czech Republic
Visit castles and mountain villages and see the High Tatras
This is a great chance to visit some of the hidden gems from the former Czechoslovakia. The cultural heritage is superb, with an array of castles, vineyards, towns and villages dating from the middle ages onwards. There is also time in the Tatra Mountains that form some of the region's natural borders, as well as being home to natural phenomena such as the Dobsinska Ice Cave.
- See the best of two countries
- Visit castles and mountain villages
- Explore the Tatra Mountains
- 9 nights 3-star hotels and comfortable pensions, with en suite facilities
- Travel by private air-conditioned bus
- Gentle walking including walking tours
- Some fitness required
- Day 1 – Fly to Bratislava
- Day 2 – Sightseeing in Bratislava, including the castles and the old town; afternoon transfer to historic Banska Stiavnica for more sightseeing.
- Day 3 – Transfer to Cierny Balog to ride the 100yr old steam train through the Hroncianska Dolina Valley; afternoon transfer to High Tatra Mountains.
- Day 4 – Cable car to Skalnate Pleso mountain lake for panoramic views; transfer to traditional Slovak village of Pribilina; afternoon transfer to Terchova Village; free afternoon.
- Day 5 – Cross into Moravia in the Czech Republic and explore the Valassko region, including sightseeing at UNESCO town Olomouc.
- Day 6 – Transfer to Kutna Hora, famed for its Gothic Church; afternoon free.
- Day 7 – Transfer to Prague; afternoon guided sightseeing.
- Day 8 – Visit UNESCO old town Cesky Krumlov.
- Day 9 – Sightseeing in 13th century merchant town of Telc.
- Day 10 – Fly to London