Family Cycling in Croatia
Croatia is the perfect destination for a gentle family cycling holiday, with short cycling distances on quiet roads and plenty of time for sightseeing and relaxation. This trip starts in the charming city of Dubrovnik - its fortified walls surround the city, which contain a plethora of museums and historic sites, restaurants and beaches. The island of Korcula will provide the second base giving a taste of island life. There are beautiful cycle trails and plenty of beaches, and the mediaeval town of Korcula is a maze of narrow streets which are perfect for exploring.
- See the fascinating city of Dubrovnik
- Explore Croatia’s coast by bike
- Enjoy plenty of swimming
- 7 nights in 2 and 3 star hotels Accommodation is simple but ideally located for exploring and beach access Our hotel in Lumbarda also has a swimming pool
- 4 days cycling
- 90% on quiet, tarmac roads; 10% tracks and paths Many of the routes have coastal views with opportunities to swim
- Day 1 – Start Dubrovnik.
- Day 2 – Cable car ride above Dubrovnik for fantastic views of the city; transfer to Lumbarda on Korcula island via the historic town of Ston.
- Day 3 – First cycle to Korcula town; spend the morning exploring this beautiful town; cycle along coastal paths to Lumbarda for an afternoon of swimming.
- Day 4 – Boat trip to the Island of Mljet; cycle around two lakes in the N.P.; afternoon of swimming; return to Lumbarda.
- Day 5 – Take a ferry to the peninsula of Peljesac; ride between the villages of Trstenik and Zuljana; afternoon swimming; transfer to Dubrovnik.
- Day 6 – Cycle around the Dubrovnik hinterland from Gruda. Cycle through the Konavle Valley; afternoon return to Dubrovnik.
- Day 7 – Free day to explore Dubrovnik; visit the museums, relax on the beaches, go to an island, or walk the city walls.
- Day 8 – End Dubrovnik