Finnish Dogsledding Adventure
5-day expedition above the Arctic Circle
Our tour takes us 68° North, to the stunning Pallas-Yllas National Park in north west Lapland. Boasting the cleanest air in Europe, this region is awash with mile after mile of frozen lakes and pine forests that stretch out to the dramatic Pallastunturi Fells. To truly appreciate such a beautiful and remote part of the world, there really is only one way to travel; by dogsled.
- Take a 5-day expedition above the Arctic Circle
- Drive your own dog team
- See the spectacular Northern Lights
- Relax in cosy wilderness cabins
- 2 nights hotel, 4 nights wilderness cabins
- 5 days dogsledding
- No previous experience necessary
- Reasonable level of fitness required
- Day 1 – Fly to Kittila
- Day 2 – Morning instruction, followed by 30km tour through the forests of Muonio to Matinkamppa.
- Day 3 – 40 km tour passing through Vuontisjarvi forest. Overnight in the moose hunter’s cabin in Juutilainen.
- Day 4 – Mush through Pallas-Yllas National Park, the oldest national park in Finland.
- Day 5 – Dogsled across the border to Enontekio territory; overnight in Tervkumpu wilderness cabin.
- Day 6 – Final km tour back to Arctic sleddog centre in Muonio.
- Day 7 – Fly to London