Finnish Winter Adventure
Winter activities in a stunning wilderness location. Oulanka is always a popular family destination: with rave reviews about charming accommodation and wonderful leaders, this is definitely a winter trip with a difference. The whole family can enjoy lots of new exciting activities and wholesome home-cooked food rustled up by our small team of expert staff. Discover the beautiful wilderness of Finnish Lapland on snowshoes, cross-country skis, dogsled and snowmobiles. There is also a chance to visit a traditional reindeer farm and have a ride in a Lappish sleigh. Our wilderness base is located at the edge of Oulanka National Park in a truly spectacular setting, perfect for this fun-filled winter holiday.
- Try snowshoeing and dogsledding
- Enjoy a reindeer ride
- See the Northern Lights
- 7 nights at Basecamp Oulanka Our ‘wilderness camp’ is a lovely complex of wooden buildings providing comfortable and cosy accommodation in a stunning location overlooking a lake and backing on to the Oulanka National Park All accommodation is in family
- Flights from Heathrow to Kuusamo via Helsinki with Finnair
- Transport 45 mins by minibus/taxi
- Day 1 – Start Basecamp Oulanka
- Day 3 – Gentle half day snowshoe walk, exploring the park; free use of snowshoes in the afternoon.
- Day 4 – Morning cross-country ski lesson. Free use of skis after lesson.
- Day 5 – Morning free in Ruka for optional snowmobile safari or downhill skiing;
- Day 6 – Free morning; afternoon children’s snow games: sledging, building snow forts and snowmen.
- Day 7 – Free day. Optional activities include ice-climbing, frisbee park, dogsledding or snowmobile tours.
- Day 8 – End Basecamp Oulanka.