First Passage to the West
No journey through the Canadian Rockies would be complete without a trip onboard the unforgettable Rocky Mountaineer. This 'First Passage to the West' route features two enthralling full days aboard the Rocky Mountaineer to Banff or Calgary with an overnight stop in Kamloops. This exciting itinerary is also available in reverse.
- Rail journey overview
- Board the Rocky Mountaineer and depart Vancouver at 7.30am
- Pass through the Fraser Valley and alongside the Thompson River
- Overnight in historic Kamloops
- Journey through ranchlands
- See where the ‘last spike’ of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven
- Pass through Banff National Park
- End your journey in Banff or continue to Calgary
Board the Rocky Mountaineer early morning departing Vancouver station at approx. 7.30am. En route you will pass through the fertile fields of the Fraser Valley before entering the Fraser Canyon. Follow the Thompson River arriving in historic Kamloops approx. 6.30pm. Stay overnight in Kamloops in moderate accommodation.
- ROCKY MOUNTAINEER INCLUSIONS
- RED LEAF
- SILVER LEAF
- GOLD LEAF
Includes comfortable seating and reclining seats located in the upper level full-length domed railcar with wrap around windows, complimentary soft and alcoholic drinks, tea and coffee, gourmet breakfast and lunch served in the dining room, coffee lounge with selfserve snacks and hot drinks, transfers between the train station in Kamloops or Quesnel, an overnight stay in Kamloops and Quesnel in a three star hotel with luggage delivered to your room and upgraded Gold Leaf amenities.