Gorilla and Chimp Safari
Join us for a chance to see the incredible primates and wildlife of the Ugandan rainforest. We spend two days in Kibale Forest, the best place in Africa to spot chimpanzees. From our comfortable eco-lodge we explore the forest with a population of over 1000 chimps and 13 varieties of other primates including Red-Tailed monkey, Colobus monkey and many others. We take a day walk in the majestic Rwenzori Mountains also known as "Mountains of the Moon" and visit local villages around the area. We join a cruise in the Kazinga channel, a real highlight and a chance to observe hippo, crocodile, buffalo and herds of elephants at close range before taking game drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park where we hope to spot the famous tree climbing lions. We then travel deep into the rainforest near Bwindi, where we experience the ultimate wildlife encounter: we get up close and personal with the endangered mountain gorilla in its natural habitat. We also take a swim or a canoe ride in Lake Bunyonyi, surrounded by verdant rolling hills and a walking safari in Lake Mburo.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park – Game viewing in Uganda’s finest reserve.
- Kibale National Park – The best destination for chimp tracking.
- Rwenzori Walk – An exciting day walk at the foothills of the majestic ‘Mountains of the Moon’.
- Kazinga Channel – An exhilarating cruise looking out for hippo, crocodile, elephant and birdlife.
- Bwindi National Park – On foot in the equatorial rainforest in search of Mountain gorillas.
- Ugandan People – Some of the friendliest and most hospitable of Africans.
- Day 1 – Join tour Kampala
- Day 2 – Drive to Kibale rainforest
- Day 3 – Chimp Trek in Kibale followed by a Swamp Walk through the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary
- Day 4 – Day walk at the foothills of the Rwenzori Mountains and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 5 – Morning game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park; Kazinga Channel river cruise
- Day 6 – Short game drive in the Ishasha sector; transfer to Bwindi National Park
- Day 7 – Gorilla trek
- Day 8 – Nature walk and time at leisure in Bwindi National Park
- Day 9 – Drive to Lake Bunyonyi through coffee plantations and rolling hills
- Day 10 – Day at leisure at Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 11 – Transfer to Lake Mburo and game drive
- Day 12 – Drive to Entebbe where the tour ends