Grand Canyon and Joshua Tree
Take a journey through stunning desert landscapes of countless colours and hues. See how weather has created weirdly wonderful rock spectacles of all shapes and sizes. Marvel at life that thrives even in these driest of places.
Visit 3 great desert national parks. Hike in Joshua Tree National Park with its otherworldly landscape of Joshua trees and granite. Explore the cacti-filled basins and ranges of Saguaro National Park, and see the Signal Hill Petroglyphs to wonder at the skills of peoples who could live in these arid places. Let the Petrified Forest National Park transport you back to prehistoric times when herds of dinosaurs roamed these lands, and be sure to visit the Painted Desert’s beautiful, soft-hued rocks, particularly spectacular at sunrise or sunset.
Saving the best for last, your first sight of the Grand Canyon will leave you speechless. No words can convey its immensity and beauty. You’ll find yourself struggling to take it all in. And you will return home full of unique experiences to savour for years to come.
- 4 National Parks, 4 National Monuments and 1 National Forest
- Selected scenic routes
- 2 City breaks in Los Angeles and Phoenix
- 14 nights accommodation at 3* Hotels
- 15 days SUV car hire
- Virgin Atlantic flights from and to the UK
- ATOL protected
- Access to National Park Traveller holiday companion with 24/7 travel help desk
- Optional excursions and activities
- Prices based on the 1st week of May
- Day 1-2 Fly UK to Los Angeles
- Day 3-4 Big Bear Lake
- Day 5-6 Joshua Tree National Park & Palm Springs
- Day 7 Sonoran Desert & Scottsdale
- Day 8-10 Saguaro National Park
- Day 11 Petrified Forest National Park
- Day 12-13 Grand Canyon National Park
- Day 14 Phoenix
- Day 15 Fly from Phoenix to UK