Jasper to Prince Rupert
This VIA Rail journey between Jasper, Prince George and Prince Rupert is known as the Skeena train. Take your seat as the train traverses the mountain scenery of Alberta and northern British Columbia. Passengers on this two-day daylight journey will be treated to spectacular views of the Jasper National Park and the rugged Canadian Rockies, the hauntingly beautiful Pacific Coast, and the rustic settlements, farms and sawmills dotting the lake-studded landscape, discovering the scenes of a region rich in first nations’ culture and history.
- Depart Jasper: (Sun, Wed, Fri) 12.45pmArrive Prince George: 7.10pm
- Depart Prince George: (Mon, Thu, Sat) 8amArrive Prince Rupert: 8.25pm
- Depart Prince Rupert: (Sun, Wed, Fri) 8am Arrive Prince George: 8.30pm
- Depart Prince George: (Mon, Thu, Sat) 9.45am Arrive Jasper: 6.30pm
- Schedule:Economy Class 01 Jan – 31 Dec 14
- Economy Class :A comfortable reclining seat with headrest. Meals are not included.
- Touring Class: Available during peak season on selected dates, enjoy sweeping views though large windows at your seat. Hot meals are included with wine at dinner.
After departing the resort town of Jasper, the train travels through the Yellowhead Pass, stopping overnight in Prince George, before journeying across British Columbia’s interior plateau and along the mighty Skeena River before arriving in the Pacific coastal city of Prince Rupert the following day.
NB – Overnight accommodation in Prince George is not included.