Kyoto and Beyond by Bike
From the ancient city of Kyoto we cycle on quiet roads on the Noto Peninsula and in highlands around Hakusan National Park, taking us firmly off the beaten track and enabling us a chance to glimpse old Japan. Along the way we will see the castles and canals of the Samurai town of Gujo Hachiman, one of the finest Japanese gardens in Kanazawa and varied scenery along stunning coastal paths and into the mountains.
- Kyoto – Japan’s historic capital, filled with a remarkable collection of World Heritage sites.
- Kanazawa – Visit the gardens of Kenrokuen, one of the most beautiful in Japan.
- The Noto Peninsula – Cycle amongst the stunning coastal landscapes of the Sea of Japan.
- Hot springs – Experience the country’s famous onsens and soothe your cycling legs.
- Delicious local food – Enjoy traditional Japanese cuisine.
- Shirakawa-go, Mino & Gujo Hachiman – Visit World Heritage farmhouses, historic towns and the 16th century canals of Gujo Hachiman.
- ‘Off the beaten track’ cycling – Enjoy the landscapes, flavours and characters of rural Japan.
- Day 1 – Join tour Kyoto
- Day 2 – Kyoto sightseeing by bike
- Day 3 – Morning train to Kanazawa. Afternoon cycling tour of Kanazawa
- Day 4 – Cycle to Hakui
- Day 5 – Cycle the coastal road to Wajima
- Day 6 – Morning visit to Wajima’s market. Cycle to Suzu Noroshi
- Day 7 – Cycle to Noto Ushitsu
- Day 8 – Cycle to Wakura Onsen
- Day 9 – Drive to Takaoka. Free afternoon
- Day 10 – Cycle to Shokawa Onsen
- Day 11 – Cycle to Shirakawa-go
- Day 12 – Cycle to Gujo Hachiman
- Day 13 – Cycle to Gifu via Mino Town and the Seki Sword Museum
- Day 14 – Cycle to Kuwana. Train to Kyoto
- Day 15 – Tour ends Kyoto