Less visited and largely unspoilt, Madagascar is a nature lover’s paradise and like nowhere else on earth. Discover the island’s ancient and unique flora and fauna, with more than 70 species of lemur, diverse landscapes from giant Baobabs and wide open savannah to dense rainforests, highland rice fields and stunning undeveloped beaches, and a fascinating culture steeped in rituals and tradition. This is an excellent introduction to a lost world, well and truly off the beaten track.
- Madagascar Explorer is escorted by an English speaking driver/guide throughout and a local expert guide during wildlife treks.
- Simple 2 and 3 Star properties are used, consistent with the local environment. These are largely the best available to us but standards are low by international standards.
- Day 1 – ANTANANARIVO
- Day 2 – ANTANANARIVO, TOLIARA
- Day 3 – TOLIARA, RANOHIRA, ISALO NATIONAL PARK
- Day 4 – ISALO NATIONAL PARK
- Day 5 – ISALO NATIONAL PARK, RANOMAFANA
- Day 6 – RANOMAFANA NATIONAL PARK
- Day 7 – RANOMAFANA, ANTSIRABE
- Day 8 – ANTSIRABE, ANDASIBE
- Day 9 – ANDASIBE, MANTADIA NATIONAL PARK
- Day 10 – MANTADIA NATIONAL PARK, ANALAMAZAOTRA, ANTANANARIVO
- Day 11 – ANTANANARIVO