Madagascar Wilderness Trek
Verdant rainforests, dramatic coastal landscapes and tropical islands are all part of this trekking adventure in Madagascar. Getting off the beaten track we explore some of the lesser known reserves, searching for wildlife including lemurs and tree frogs. Trekking through the rainforest we visit local communities and learn about their culture. We also catch a ferry to the exotic island of Sainte Marie and hope to see whales in the Indian Ocean.
- Trek in the Rainforest – A unique ecosystem home to lemurs, chameleons, amphibians and countless species of birds.
- Off the beaten track – Trek in remote areas and visit Fandrazana and Amboridiana Reserve.
- Villages and people – Walk through villages and interact with the friendly and hospitable local people.
- Ile Saint Marie – An idyllic unspoilt island with excellent snorkelling and diving opportunities.
- Day 1 – Join tour Antananarivo and drive to Andasibe
- Day 2 – In Andasibe Reserve
- Day 3 – AM walk in Analamazoatra reserve : PM walk to Iaroka reserve
- Day 4 – Full Day trek in Iaroka
- Day 5 – Full Day of walking around Vohimana
- Day 6 – Drive to Fenerive Est
- Day 7 – Walk or take a boat through the Pangalene canal area; PM walk to camp
- Day 8 – Walk to Manompana
- Day 9 – Walk to Ambodiriana Reserve
- Day 10 – AM Nature walk; return to Manompana
- Day 11 – Boat to Ile Sainte Marie; PM free
- Day 12 – Free Day on Ile Sainte Marie
- Day 13 – Fly Antananarivo
- Day 14 – Treks to local villages around Tana
- Day 15 – Tour ends Antananarivo