Malawi & South Luangwa
Often referred to as the 'Warm Heart of Africa', Malawi is a hidden gem among its larger southern African neighbours. We walk across the forested Zomba Plateau offering incredible panoramas over Mozambique and descend to the shores of the impressive Lake Malawi. Staying in comfortable lodges and chalets, we cross into Zambia for some world-class game viewing in South Luangwa National Park.
- Game viewing – In search of the big game of Africa in one of the most unspoilt and off-the-beaten-track destinations.
- Zomba Plateau – Excellent bio-diversity on a forested plateau.
- South Luangwa – One of the finest national parks in Africa and the most renowned destination for walking safaris.
- Lake Malawi – Take an optional activity or relax on the shores of the last of the Great Rift Valley lakes.
- Day 1 – Join tour Lilongwe; afternoon guided walk in Lilongwe Sanctuary
- Day 2 – Drive to Zomba via Dedza Pottery; visit local markets
- Day 3 – On Zomba Plateau: guided walks
- Day 4 – Drive to Lake Malawi
- Day 5 – Optional activities Lake Malawi
- Day 6 – Drive to Mua Mission
- Day 7 – Drive to South Luangwa National Park
- Day 8 – Game viewing in South Luangwa
- Day 9 – In South Luangwa NP
- Day 10 – In South Luangwa NP
- Day 11 – Drive Lilongwe
- Day 12 – In Lilongwe where tour ends