Montenegro Bosnia & Herzegovina
Experience rugged natural beauty
Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro have for centuries been at the crossroads of ancient civilisations, with a magical mixture of European and Near Eastern culture. The diversity is very clear, from the vibrant cities to the tiny traditional villages. Here we find a unique fusion of traditions, religions and architecture. The raw natural beauty is breathtaking, with ancient forests, rugged peaks and the beautiful Adriatic coastline, where we explore the magnificent bay of Kotor and make a stop in the wonderful Croatian city of Dubrovnik.
- Explore rugged landscapes
- Discover a rich cultural heritage
- Enjoy warm hospitality
- 0 nights hotels and pensions These are often small and family run and in convenient locations for the itinerary All rooms are en suite
- Travel by air conditioned bus
- Cultural discovery trip
- Gentle walking – no experience required
- Day 1 – Fly to Dubrovnik
- Day 2 – Kotor city tour; boat ride to Gospa od Skrpjela and Perast islands in the Bay of Kotor.
- Day 3 – Transfer to Cetinje for city tour. Drive to UNESCO Durmitor N.P. visiting Ostrog Monastery en route.
- Day 4 – Gentle walk around Zabljak Plateau with its numerous lakes and traditional highland villages.
- Day 5 – Transfer to the Piva River on the border with Bosnia; lunch and a short walk along the banks of this beautiful river; drive to Sarajevo.
- Day 6 – City tour including the Sarajevo Tunnel Museum.
- Day 7 – Drive to Lukomir, Bosnia and Herzegovina’s highest inhabited village; gentle three-hour walk to canyon.
- Day 8 – Transfer to Mostar for sightseeing and city tour.
- Day 9 – Explore Ottoman town of Pocitelj, Kravica Waterfalls and visit nearby village of Blagaj.
- Day 10 – Transfer to Tvrdos Orthodox Monastery, followed by wine tasting; continue to Trebinje and finally to Dubrovnik.
- Day 11 – Fly to London