New England Coast, Maine and Boston
Explore Maine’s fantastic coast and wild interior of mountains, lakes and forests
Explore New England’s largest state, Maine, with its glorious coastline of rocky inlets, sandy bays, dramatic lighthouses, historic fishing harbors and coastal towns, and its wild mountainous interior studded with jewel-like lakes, wonderful forests and quaint villages.
Start your trip in Boston, one of America’s oldest, most historic and cultural cities. Discover a metropolis where old and new happily co-exist, and where a wealth of attractions and activities for all ages awaits you. Walking is the best way to get around here and, when you need a rest or feel hungry, there are a delicious variety of eateries to tempt you.
Then head north to Maine along a rocky coastline shaped by the pounding Atlantic surf. Take stunning scenic byways, enjoy fascinating arts and craft galleries and museums, discover picturesque fishing harbors, and enjoy local lobster and other seafood delights. Explore Maine’s jewel in the crown, Acadia National Park, and hike its trails to wide open vistas. Venture inland to a wilderness of mountains, lakes and forests that covers more than 85% of the State’s land, giving Maine its name, the Pine Tree State.
- Scenic byways along coastal roads, quaint villages and fishing ports
- City break in Boston
- 14 nights accommodation at 3* Hotels & Inns
- 15 days SUV car hire
- Virgin Atlantic flights from and to the UK
- ATOL protected
- Access to National Park Traveller holiday companion with 24/7 travel help desk
- Optional excursions and activities
- Prices based on the 1st week of May
- Boston, MA 2 nights
- Kennebunkport, ME 2 nights
- Lincolnville, ME 2 nights
- Bar Harbor, ME 2 nights
- Moosehead Lake, ME 3 nights
- Portland or Cape Elizabeth, ME 3 nights