Discover gorillas and monkeys in stunning Rwanda
Rwanda, often overlooked due to its troubled history, is taking its deserved place on the tourist map of East Africa. This lush and verdant country has much to offer the adventurous traveller. One of the main draws to the dense jungle and towering volcanoes of Parc National des Volcans is the opportunity to see some of the world's last bands of Mountain gorillas - often described as the ultimate wildlife experience. There is also a chance to track the Golden monkey - another wonderful opportunity to observe a rare primate in its natural habitat.
- View the Mountain Gorillas – one of the greatest wildlife encounters
- Track Golden Monkeys
- Relax by the twin lakes – Bulera and Ruhondo
- 4 nights hotels and guest houses, all with en suite facilities
- 2 challenging treks possibly on rough and uneven terrain
- Reasonable fitness required
- Travel by minibus and 4WD
- Day 1 – Depart London
- Day 2 – Arrive Kigali
- Day 3 – Early start for gorilla trek in Parc National des Volcans.
- Day 4 – Another early start for Golden Monkey trek, afternoon transfer to twin lakes – Bulera and Ruhondo for optional activities; overnight Ruhengeri.
- Day 5 – Free day for optional activities or second gorilla trek.
- Day 6 – Depart Kigali
- Day 7 – Arrive London