Rail & Sail
Combining the romance of train travel with the delights of cruising, this itinerary offers a unique view of Canada’s dazzling scenery including beautiful harbourside cities, breathtaking wilderness, rugged landscapes and magical wildlife. Climb the mighty Rockies aboard the Rocky Mountaineer, cross the wild Cariboo Region on the Jasper-Prince Rupert Train (Skeena Train), and finally, cruise the magnificent 'Inside Passage' to Vancouver Island.
- Rail & Sail is escorted by a local guide on sightseeing excursions only.
- 3 Star hotels, but in remote areas such as national parks or small towns this standard may not exist. Accommodation options are limited in Prince Rupert but we have chosen the best available to us. RedLeaf service is included on board the Rocky Mountaineer. Economy class is included on board VIA Rail’s Skeena train for May departures and Touring class for Jun-Sep departures.
- Upgrade to SilverLeaf service or GoldLeaf service on board The Rocky Mountaineer at a supplement.
- Upgrade to 4 or 5 Star accommodation at a supplement.
- ROUTE CHANGES
- The Inside Passage – Prince Rupert to Port Hardy, north and southbound route schedule will be changing for all sailings before 11 June 2014 and after 8 September 2014. The cruise will change from a 13-hour duration to an overnight duration of approximately 24 hours with additional stops.
- Days 1-2: VANCOUVER
- Day 3 – ROCKY MOUNTAINEER/KAMLOOPS
- Days 4-5: ROCKY MOUNTAINEER/BANFF
- Days 6-7: JASPER
- Day 8 – VIA RAIL – SKEENA TRAIN/PRINCE GEORGE
- Day 9 – VIA RAIL – SKEENA TRAIN/PRINCE RUPERT
- Day 10 – INSIDE PASSAGE CRUISE
- Days 11-12: VICTORIA
- Day 13 – VANCOUVER
- Day 14 – VANCOUVER