Simien Mountain Trek
The Simien highlands of northern Ethiopia form one of the major mountain massifs in Africa. A highlight is the ascent to the summit of Ras Dashen - Ethiopia's highest peak and the fifth highest on the continent. As we trek through this isolated region we admire the spectacular scenery of rocky plateaux, spires, mesas and deep gorges.
- Simien Mountains: trek one of Africa’s most spectacular and least visited mountain ranges in Africa.
- Ras Dashen: climb Ethiopia’s highest peak at 4543m.
- Camping: enjoy wild camping in stunning locations.
- Gondar: discover the medieval Fasilidas Castle and Debre Berhan Church.
- Day 1 – Join tour Addis Ababa
- Day 2 – Fly to Gondar
- Day 3 – Drive to Simien Mountains National Park via Debark; PM trek to Sankaber
- Day 4 – Trek to Geech Camp
- Day 5 – Hike to Imet Gogo from Geech Camp
- Day 6 – Trek to Chenek Camp
- Day 7 – Trek to Ambikwa
- Day 8 – Ascent of Ras Dashen; trek to Ambikwa
- Day 9 – Trek to Sona
- Day 10 Trek to Mekarebia
- Day 11 Trek to Mulit
- Day 12 Trek to Adi Arkay, drive to Gondar
- Day 13 Fly to Addis; afternoon free. Tour ends