South Dakota & The Badlands
Discover the spirit of the American West. Climb aboard an 1880 locomotive. Visit magnificent Mt. Rushmore. See Crazy Horse Memorial, the world’s largest sculpture still in progress. Travel to the legendary Black Hills. Visit Kevin Costner’s “TaTanka, Story of the Bison” interpretive centre, depicting the relationship of bison and man. See the American prairie as it was 300 years ago. Delight in the fun of a Chuckwagon Supper complete with a Cowboy Music Show. Explore the legends in the city of Deadwood, home to Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane. Travel the backcountry of Custer State Park. Journey through the natural beauty of Badlands National Park. Complete your experience with a home-hosted farewell dinner in a lodge nestled in the woods of Keystone.
- Travel back in time aboard an 1880s steam locomotive train as it winds through the forest and beautiful scenery.
- See Crazy Horse Memorial, the world’s largest sculpture still in progress.
- Discover the vibrant colors and rock formations in Badlands National Park.
- Explore the legends in the city of Deadwood, home to Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane.
- Day 1 – Depart UK – Rapid City, South Dakota
- Day 2 – Rapid City – Keystone
- Day 3 – Rapid City – Custer
- Day 4 – Rapid City – Hot Springs
- Day 5 – Rapid City – Badlands – Wall
- Day 6 – Rapid City – Deadwood – Lead – Spearfish
- Day 7 – Rapid City – Depart for UK