The Galapagos Islands & Machu Picchu
The past comes alive. Travel from the Galapagos Archipelago to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. More than a holiday, this Explorations tour offers a look into mankind’s collective history. Cruise the Galapagos Islands, made famous by Charles Darwin. Set foot in two hemispheres at the Equatorial Line Monument. Connect with one of a kind wildlife and delve into ancient cultures. Overnight at the base of Machu Picchu and take advantage of the chance to explore this “Lost City” twice in two days. Visit the UNESCO Spanish colonial cities of Lima, Quito and Cuzco. Throughout Ecuador and Peru, look towards the future and reflect on days gone by.
- Cruise the Galapagos Islands for five days aboard the m/v Galapagos Legend.
- Gain insight from your on-board naturalist guide about the wonders of the Galapagos.
- Absorb the breathtaking views as you voyage through the Andes to Machu Picchu.
- Experience the adventure of a lifetime at Machu Picchu, “Lost City of the Incas.”
- Day 1 – Travel to Heathrow Airport
- Day 2 – Arrive Quito, Ecuador
- Day 3 – Quito
- Day 4 – Quito – San Cristóbal Island, Galapagos – Embark Ship
- Day 5 – Española Island (Gardner Bay and Suarez Point)
- Day 6 – Floreana Island (Post Office Bay and Cormorant Point)
- Day 7 – Santa Cruz Island (Charles Darwin Research Station and Highlands)
- Day 8 – Daphne Island – Disembark Ship – Baltra Island – Guayaquil
- Day 9 – Guayaquil – Lima, Peru
- Day 10 – Lima – Cuzco – Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Day 11 – Ollantaytambo – Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Day 12 – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Machu Picchu
- Day 13 – Aguas Calientes – Cuzco
- Day 14 – Cuzco
- Day 15 – Cuzco – Lima
- Day 16 – Lima – Depart for Home
- Day 17 – Arrive UK