The Lost Continent
There is no more unique landscape on earth in which to discover exotic wildlife than on the isolated island of Madagascar. We explore the rainforests, nature reserves and national parks in search of the many species of endangered lemur. We travel from the Malagasy capital ‘Tana’ across volcanic lakes and sandstone rock formations to the golden shores of the Indian Ocean.
- Andasibe Reserve – Track the Indri lemur and the remarkable wildlife in the primary forest of Mantadia.
- Antsirabe – Walk along a stunning crater lake in Tritriva.
- Highland Scenery – Rice paddies, villages and colourful markets.
- Ranomafana – Walk in the rainforest and observe various species of lemurs, chameleons and amphibians.
- Isalo National Park – Eplore the ‘Grand Canyon’ of Madagascar and meet troops of Ring-tailed lemurs.
- Day 1 – Join tour Tana; transfer to Andasibe National Park
- Day 2 – Full day in Andasibe tracking lemurs and wildlife
- Day 3 – Discover the primary forest of Mantadia National Park
- Day 4 – Drive to the lively colonial town of Antsirabe
- Day 5 – Walk along the shores of Lake Tritriva; to Ambositra
- Day 6 – To Ranomafana through rural villages and rice paddies
- Day 7 – Track endemic wildlife in Ranomafana National Park
- Day 8 – Drive through savannah to Isalo National Park
- Day 9 – Walk amongst Isalo’s canyons and curious rock outcrops
- Day 11 – Transfer to the fishing village of Anakao by boat
- Day 13 – Transfer back to Toliara and fly to Tana
- Day 14 – Visit the Royal Hill of Ambohimanga and the Lemur Park
- Day 15 – Tour ends Antananarivo