The Lycian Way
We walk through the ancient province of Lycia, following one of Turkey's most spectacular coastal trails, the Lycian Way. On our 6-day trek we hike through the foothills of the Taurus Mountains from Kayakoy to Patara, in the hinterland above Kas, and along the coast to the ruins at Aperlae. On our way we experience village life, relax on golden beaches and discover ancient sites.
- Lycian Way – Walk unspoilt coastal and mountain paths with breathtaking views down to the Turquoise Coast
- Kayakoy – Visit the deserted Greek village of Kaya Koyu, subject of Louis de Bernieres’ book Birds Without Wings
- Local villages – Discover traditional hill villages and be a guest in village guesthouses
- Patara – Explore Patara’s Roman ruins (birthplace of Saint Nicholas) and the stunning golden sand beach
- Kas – Hike to the ancient port of Aperlae and visit the beautiful Kekova Bay, with its sunken ruins and medieval castle, from this attractive harbour town.
- Day 1 – Join tour Kayakoy, site of the deserted Greek village
- Day 2 – Enjoy views to Oludeniz Beach as walk to Faralya village; stay in a village house
- Day 3 – Hike through forest and farmland to village of Gey; stay in village house
- Day 4 – Discover dramatic coastal views as hike to Patara Beach
- Day 5 – Explore Yali headland and fascinating ruins of Patara
- Day 6 – Ascend to Mount Felen; drive to the harbour town of Kas
- Day 7 – Walk to ancient port of Aperlae; Kekova Bay boat trip
- Day 8 – Transfer to Dalaman airport where tour ends