Uganda: Primate Safari
Once described in 1907 by Winston Churchill as the ‘pearl of Africa’, Uganda is a land of stunning natural contrasts. This tour combines the wide savanna plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park with the dense tropical rainforests found in Kibale and Bwindi, where you will have the opportunity to search for a habituated mountain gorilla group.
- Transport: Based on a 4×4 vehicle with 4-6 people per vehicle, where each client has a window seat. You will be accompanied by an expert driver / guide throughout.
- Extensions: Other recommendations are Jinja and Bulago Island. Please ask for details.
- Gorilla Tracking Gorilla tracking excursions begin daily at 8:30am. Following a briefing, visitors embark on a forest trek lasting anything from a few hours to a full day, depending on the location of particular gorilla family groups. There is a maximum of eight people per excursion and a maximum of one hour with the gorillas.
- Day 1 – To Entebbe
- Day 2 – Entebbe
- Day 3 – To Kibale National Park
- Day 4 – Kibale National Park
- Day 5 – To Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 6 – Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 7 – To Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Day 8 – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
- Day 9 – To Lake Mburo National Park
- Day 10 – To Kampala
- Day 11–12 – To London
- Day 12 – London