Visions of Virginia and the Great Smoky Mountains
Steeped in colonial history and blessed with abundant natural beauty, Virginia is a vision of the perfect holiday destination. Discover its 17th century roots at Jamestown, site of the first permanent English colony, and momentous historic sites relating to the War of Independence and the American Civil War. Savour the delightful colours of spring wildflowers or autumn leaves. Be inspired by the majesty of Shenandoah Valley and the Great Smoky Mountains. This wonderful tour also includes a stay amongst the museums and monuments of Washington DC and an introduction to the best of neighbouring North Carolina, noted for its Old World architecture and southern charm.
- Duration 14 days
- City tour of Washington with local guide
- Barboursville Vineyard
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Natural Bridge
- Afternoon teas at Martha Washington Inn
- Tour of Barter Theatre
- Entrance to Chimney Rock Park
- Entrance to Reynolda House
- Entrance to Colonial Williamsburg
- Entrance to Jamestown
- Entrance to Historic Bethabara Park
- Berkeley Plantation
- Day 1 London, Washington D.C.
- Day 2 Washington D.C.
- Day 3 Washington D.C.
- Day 4 Charlottesville
- Day 5 Charlottesville, Lexington
- Day 6 Lexington, Roanoke
- Day 7 Roanoke, Pigeon Forge
- Day 8 Pigeon Force
- Day 9 Pigeon Forge, Winston-Salem
- Day 10 Winston-Salem
- Day 11 Winston-Salen, Williamsburg
- Day 12 Jamestown, Williamsburg
- Day 13 Alexandria, London
- Day 14 London