Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore
The Rocky Mountains, five great national parks, Mount Rushmore, splendid Scenic Byways and cowboy country will delight you as you travel through Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota and Utah.
Hike in Rocky Mountain National Park with its magnificent summits, valleys and nature trails, and cross the Continental Divide on Trail Ridge Road. Go caving in Wind Cave National Park. Wonder at the landscape that gave Badlands National Park its name. Count the heads on Mount Rushmore, before driving west across prairies into the rugged beauty of northwestern Wyoming, home of Buffalo Bill.
Explore Yellowstone National Park, the oldest and most famous national park in the world. Gorgeous mountains, abundant wildlife and placid lakes set within a multicoloured land of steam and waterfalls will entrance you, as you marvel at steaming mud pots, hot springs and active geysers. Admire the dramatic and rugged peaks that seem as if they erupt from a base of shimmering mountain lakes and broad sagebrush plains in Grand Teton National Park, before wending your way through primeval forest and canyonland to Salt Lake City.
- 5 National Parks and 4 National Monuments
- Selected scenic routes
- 2 City breaks in Denver and Salt Lake City
- 15 nights accommodation at 3* Hotels
- 16 days SUV car hire
- Virgin Atlantic flights from and to the UK
- ATOL protected
- Access to National Park Traveller holiday companion with 24/7 travel help desk
- Optional excursions and activities
- Prices based on the 1st week of May
- Day 1 Fly UK to Denver
- Day 2-3 Rocky Mountain National Park
- Day 4-5 Badlands and Wind Cave National Parks
- Day 6 Lead & Deadwood Mining Cities
- Day 7 Cody & Buffalo Bill Historic Center
- Day 8-10 Yellowstone National Park
- Day 11-12 Grand Teton National Park & Jackson Hole
- Day 13-14 Bear Lake
- Day 15 Salt Lake City
- Day 16 Fly from Salt Lake City to UK