Yosemite and Big Sur
After enjoying San Francisco, you head towards the Sierra Nevada, home to three national parks, 20 wilderness areas and 2 national monuments. Rugged mountains, vast canyons, sparkling rivers, wonderful waterfalls and wonderful hiking trails abound.
You start your exploration of this dramatic mountain range at Lake Tahoe, then drive to the Tioga Pass, where you climb over the mountains and down into majestic Yosemite National Park, one of the most spectacular wilderness regions in the USA. After that it’s on to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, which are truly spectacular and, some say, rival Yosemite.
Filled with mountain memories, now it’s off to the craggy unspoiled coastline of Big Sur on central California’s Pacific coast. On your way you may decide to visit to Pinnacles National Park, the newest national park in the US to see if you can spot any condors, the largest flying land bird in the northern hemisphere. Enjoy Pacific sunsets, world-class wine regions and classic beach towns, before wending your way southwards to Los Angeles.
- 5 National Parks and 2 National Monuments
- Selected scenic routes
- 2 City breaks in San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 15 nights accommodation at 3* Hotels
- 16 days SUV car hire
- Virgin Atlantic flights from and to the UK
- ATOL protected
- Access to National Park Traveller holiday companion with 24/7 travel help desk
- Optional excursions and activities
- Prices based on the 1st week of May
- Day 1-2 Fly UK to San Francisco
- Day 3 San Francisco – Sonora
- Day 4-5 Sierra Nevada & Lake Tahoe
- Day 6-7 Mono Lake & Mammoth Lakes
- Day 8-9 Yosemite National Park
- Day 10-11 Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks
- Day 12 Big Sur
- Day 13 Morro Bay
- Day 14-15 Los Angeles
- Day 16 Fly Los Angeles to UK