Zimbabwe: Best Of The West
This classic 8-night fly-safari itinerary is designed to give a flavour of Zimbabwe's most iconic destinations. Begin in Bulawayo, the historic 'city of kings', home to wide tree-lined streets, well preserved Victorian architecture and many of the country's major museum collections. Continue to the first of three Unesco world heritage sites, the historic Matobo Hills National Park. Steeped in history, the park is home to the grave of Cecil John Rhodes, stunning granite rock formations and the opportunity to track black rhinos on foot. Proceed to the vast Hwange National Park, the largest wildlife park in Zimbabwe, famous for its huge herds of elephants and populations of wild dog. Finish by relaxing at Victoria Falls, known in the local Tokaleya Tonga language as Mosi-oa-Tunya, or 'The Smoke That Thunders'. Spend time touring the falls both on foot and by helicopter on the highly recommended Flight of the Angels, before retiring to an evening sundowner cruise on the Zambezi river.
- Historic pub crawl in Bulawayo
- This vibrant evening tour has been created to show off the city’s well-known historical watering holes, starting at the Bulawayo Club. Under the expert guidance of Professor Paul Hubbard, this walk back in time aims to transport guests to the heady days of Bulawayo’s pioneer boom, fuelled by gold and driven by some of the toughest prospectors ever to swing a pick-axe.
- Painted Dog Conservation Project, Hwange National Park
- Painted Dogs, also known as African wild dogs, are unique to Africa and among the continent’s most endangered species. The Painted Dog Conservation Project has been working for 20 years to protect this species and to re-educate the children and adults about their significance. The Visitors Centre and Trail System are well worth a visit.
- Day 1 – To Bulawayo
- Day 2 – Bulawayo
- Day 3 – To Matobo Hills National Park
- Days 4–5 – Matobo Hills National Park
- Day 6 – To Hwange National Park
- Days 7–8 – Hwange National Park
- Day 9 – To Victoria Falls
- Day 10 – Victoria Falls
- Day 11 – To London
- Day 12 – London